What’s new in Doggiebox 2.1
Doggiebox 2.1 (released 12 February 2021) includes a slew of long-awaited under-the-hood improvements to once again support the latest MacOS and newest Macs.
Notable changes (Big Sur, M1, new drum kits)
- Now a 64-bit Universal sandboxed app, supporting MacOS 10.15 “Catalina” and 11.2 “Big Sur” on Intel and M1 Macs. (The minimum required system is MacOS 10.9.)
- Updated suite of six GarageBand drum kits (requires Apple GarageBand 10.5).
- A new preference setting “Include pre-release (development) versions” will fetch such builds when checking for updates.
- Numerous internal changes to support modern architecture and updated APIs.
Bugs fixed since 2.0.2
- Fixed crash when loading a drum kit with linked sound files that can’t be found.
- Fixed crash when trying to Revert in the drum kit editor.
- Fixed bug where doing “Save As” of a drum kit more than once would create a corrupted kit.
- Fixed bug where exporting sounds or saving drum kits containing non-LPCM sound files could fail.
- Fixed bug that prevented adding linked sounds to a new un-saved drum kit.
- After re-linking sound files, substitutions are remembered without having to re-save the drum kit.